AFRICA QUEST SAFARIS
PROUDLY INTO THE THIRD DECADE
Africa Quest Safaris (AQS) are all about handcrafted experiences that become lifelong memories. The firm’s mission is to deliver seamless, VFM and memorable holiday experiences to every customer across the globe.
Since its inception some thirty years ago, Africa Quests’ vision has been to transcend into offering more sustainable and ethical products in the tourism sphere.According to Tasneem Adamji, “I founded AQS so that I could offer holidays of essence; more than just a trip, experiences that are holistic and value for money, often life-changing.’
The sister and brother, Tasneem and Taher, are fifth generation Kenyans of Asian origin, who have spent their entire careers in African Tourism. Highly educated, the two have built one of Kenya’s top notch tour companies. They are backed by a team of 54 well trained professionals.
Tasneem opines that the strength of AQS is the firm’s deep belief in Handcrafted experiences that require incredible attention to detail resulting in maximum satisfaction and whirl-wind experience for their customers.
To those who know her very well, Tasneem is the founding partner and CEO, and has a reputation for being one of the most knowledgeable Kenyans regarding tourism, Kenyan culture and social needs. She has dedicated over three decades to developing and popularizing in-bound tourism to East Africa. An experienced, renowned and respected member of the industry fraternity, she is today a “go-to” person for governmental efforts to develop in-bound tourism.
Taher Adamji, the brother and co-founding partner, brings to the business his immense expertise in logistics and operations and oversees the everyday affairs of the firm.
Tasneem proves her point about her passion for Kenya, by listing Kenya, as a country, as their foremost partners and I quote, ‘Kenya is the most revered safari destinations in East Africa. Furthermore, apart from Masai Mara National Park, it is also famous for its abundant wildlife and the Great Wildebeest Migration.
Africa’s most sort-after wildlife and the pristine white sand beaches of the Kenyan coast attract tourists in droves. Kenya has many attractions for the typical tourist with a variety of options to choose from. These include fifty-two national parks and game reserves, concludes Tasneem.
It is due to these choices to make that at African Quest Safaris, the founders believe that every holiday must be personalized and tailored to suit the customer’s dreams.
Design your holiday
African Quest Safaris believes that holidays and safaris are couture travel where one size does not fit all. These extraordinary adventure showcases just a few of AQS’s preferred experience combinations in East Africa. It is merely an example to inspire the customer’s dreams and help them design their own experience with one of the dedicated tour consultants to guide.
The Novelty of the Bush Spa
This is one of the offerings available. It’s a dream to be luxuriously pampered and taken care of with only the sounds of the wild and endless skies surrounding you. We all know a safari is strenuous; and with the bumpy roads and weariness, one may be forgiven for feeling a bit bruised at the tail end of the day. This can be where the Bush Spa comes in.
The Bush Spa could be a premium luxury experience that enables you to recharge, and feel the tranquillity of the wilderness and awaken all of your senses. All while knowledgeable ensures the well-being of your body.
It is done completely outdoors or in an open tent; either way, your privacy is guaranteed during this haven of peace. The masseuse and masseurs are all professionally trained individuals who have chosen to go away behind the town life to confirm health and wellness follow you within the wild.
On your next Safari with African Quest, take care to request this as an inclusion to your African adventure.
A classic safari from the sky
Balloon Safaris in East Africa are popular in the Masai Mara (Kenya) and the Serengeti (Tanzania). They offer unmatched sensational views and an unforgettable adventure. An itinerary can easily include a Hot air balloon safari. Above all, the itinerary has to include at least one night in Masai Mara game reserve or Serengeti National Park.
The adventure begins pre-dawn with a wake-up call and a quick light breakfast at the Lodge/Camp. Next, transfer to the launch site. This one-hour hot air balloon safari flight typically takes off at 6.30 a.m. With this in mind, passengers arrive in time to watch the balloon inflation as the pilots torch the coloured fabric to life. Each day, the balloon follows a different path determined by the days prevailing winds.
You get to rise with the sun over the Masai Mara or the Serengeti. The bird’s eye view of wildlife that the Mara and the Serengeti are famous for is enchanting.
To cap it all up, you are treated to a champagne breakfast on landing, followed by a game drive en route to the Lodge/Camp to end a special morning.
African Quest Safaris recognizes that in conducting its business, it has a responsibility to the environment and the communities in which it operates. The very nature of the business implies that the firm must always ensure that its activities have the least possible negative impact on the environment, now and in the long term.
The Management therefore believes that the most effective way of implementing a sustainable tourism policy is to integrate the policy’s main points into all the company’s relevant mainstream business activities. Accordingly, on a continuing basis, the company will endeavour to comply with the main points of this policy and with the associated codes of best practice. In essence, AQS has accomplished this through:
BEING A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
- Identifying, quantifying and monitoring the major potential environmental impacts of its activities.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate emergency response plans for major incidents in order to minimize the environmental impact.
- Conducting its operations in a way which maximizes positive and minimizes negative impact on the environment and on local communities.
- Considering environmental implications as part of any purchase decision or commercial decision-making.
- Providing information, training and support to all the employees so that they are aware of their environmental and ethical responsibilities within the framework of their normal operating procedures.
- Implementing energy and water management programmes in the offices, premises and assets.
- Minimizing waste occurring and ensuring it is recycled or disposed of responsibly.
- Supporting the work of ECPAT (End Sexual Exploitation, Child Prostitution and Trafficking and Child Pornography).
Being a good neighbour
- Encouraging and recognizing initiatives which involve working with local communities and which demonstrate social responsibility. This is evident through the community project which AQS has with a group of 12 villages in the Ole Kinyeii area. It is a nursery school and AQS has so far finished phase 1 which comprises of 3 classes and a total of 78 children.
- Informing the adult clients (the holidaymakers) about the Kenyan customs and cultures and also of other countries they are visiting and encouraging them to respect the local environment and host communities.
- Reducing pollution both at home and in neighbouring countries by ensuring the company cars and other forms of ground transport use lead-free or alternative environmentally acceptable fuel.
Protecting holiday destinations
- Understanding and seeking to comply with relevant environmental legislation and regulations and also seeking to influence current and future legislation.
- Considering environmental and social factors when planning and operating excursion programmes to help ensure minimal impact on the area visited.
- Respecting and informing guests about natural habitats and wildlife.
- Where appropriate, offering excursions which stimulate the local economy in a balanced, sustainable way and without placing undue demands on local resources.
- Encouraging and recognizing initiatives which support conservation and education programmes benefiting the environment and local communities, particularly in the holiday destinations to which we operate.
- Informing guests of ways to save energy and fresh water and reduce/dispose of waste responsibly.
- Communicating the company’s environmental policy to all our business partners and working with them to encourage the implementation of best practice.