KENYA’S FINEST WILDLIFE RESERVE
Ashnil Mara Camp is arguably one of the best luxury camps in the Masai Mara set on one of the best locations in the game reserve. Guests enjoying breakfast on the banks of the Mara River can watch the animals as they quench their thirst.
Masai Mara Ashnil Camp sits on the 25-million-year pre-historic land which spans virtually all stages of life’s evolution and the fossil record. It comprises 56 luxury tents, located within the Maasai Mara National Reserve adjacent to the Mara River famous for the wildebeest migration.
The Mara, more often than not has been described as Kenya’s finest wildlife reserve due to the abundant flora and fauna and the gentle rolling grasslands that ensure the animals are never out of sight.
For those in love with flora and fauna, the drive to go on safari is triggered by the desire to see wildlife and vegetation in their natural habitat. Masai Mara Ashnil Mara Safari will give you an opportunity to spot wildlife on a running commentary of information given by the experienced driver guides. The game drives at Ashnil Mara Camp are conducted in 4 x 4 vehicles when you book the land cruiser safari, which are equipped to cover the rough terrains associated with Ashnil Mara. One of the greatest attractions is catching the wildebeest migration amid a raw blend of luxury and the wild.
Ashnil Mara Camp has a total of 40 spacious tents with luxury features such as ensuite bathrooms, a sun deck, and walk-in closets. Ashnil Mara Camp is one of the latest camps in the reserve and has exciting activities such as picnic lunches in the wild, guided nature walks and dinner in the bush.
The spacious lounge at Masai Mara Ashnil Camp is located in the main building away from the dining area. This is a perfect spot to relax when not in the room or out on a game drive. From here, you can be served a variety of drinks and these will include, tea, coffee, soft drinks, cocktails, wines, and spirits, local and international beers.
After your morning game drive, you can cool off in the swimming pool while sipping your drink. It’s a perfect place to laze in the afternoon and read a book. Ashnil Mara Camp has one of the best swimming pools in the Mara.
Ashnil Mara Camp is just 45 min drive from the Keekorok airstrip in case you are flying to the Masai Mara and 5-6 hours’ drive by road. Ashnil recommends that you use a Land Cruiser to access the camp when driving from Nairobi.
- Sundowner Complement your afternoon game drive with a cocktail at a location with spectacular views of the setting tropical sun.
- Experience a guided safari on foot along the periphery of the park with our resident Naturalist accompanied by an armed Game Ranger.
- Celebrate your early morning safari with a full breakfast laid out along the banks of the magnificent Mara River in full view of the hippos
- Witness the Maasai/Samburu way of life in their cultural village (Manyatta). A lecture awaits you culminating with a traditional Maasai/Samburu dance.
- Take a bird watching walk within the camp premises in the company of our resident Maasai/Samburu Naturalist.
- Enjoy a gourmet BBQ lunch or dinner in the jungle under the watchful eyes of the armed Game Rangers.
- Enjoy a Private BBQ Dinner by the Poolside.
- Do a Game Drive for Two hours morning or afternoon
The restaurant at Ashnil Mara serves international, oriental and traditional African cuisines. The open-air bar offers a wide selection of beers, cocktails and liquors. Bush dining and picnic lunches can be arranged on request.
Activities available at the camp include guided nature walks, balloon safaris, game drives and in-house cultural activities. Wi-Fi is available in the public areas of the camp.
Guests can pamper themselves by indulging in the onsite spa services. Services include deep-tissue massages, sports massages, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.